Happy Hearts Day!

| |
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! To celebrate this year's Valentine's Day, I decided to make a craft I'd seen done in a variety of ways online. I made a garland out of the heart cards in a regular deck of playing cards.


It was a pretty inexpensive and quick project, but I really like how it turned out! I bought some playing cards at Dollar Tree (two decks for one dollar!) and separated out the hearts. Then I punched two holes in the top of each card and ran some ribbon through the holes. After I tied a few loops at each end of the garland, it was ready to hang!


I added some rhinestone heart stickers to a few random cards as a finishing touch. I like the way it looks on this wrought iron tray. I think there's something classic about the combination of red, white, and black.


Now I just need to figure out a way to use those leftover cards in the deck. Any ideas? Maybe some of the spades could work well for a Halloween craft project.

Vintage PC Fortune Valentine Series Queen of Hearts Girl in Crown Playing Cards

After finishing my garland, I was reminded of Alice in Wonderland. Remember those marching cards?

File:Alice-disneyscreencaps.com-6877.jpg

You might enjoy this trip down memory lane:


I should have that song in my head for the rest of the day!

I also have to share this Queen of Hearts makeup tutorial! I've watched many different videos of women who showed how to look like this character, but I've never seen a look like this. This one looks like she's straight off the card!


Her end result actually freaks me out a little because it's like watching a giant playing card talk. Wouldn't it be a neat group costume if several people all dressed as different court cards?

I hope you all have a fun day, however you plan to celebrate!

 http://www.avatarsdb.com/avatars/little_hearts.gif

0 comments:

Post a Comment